Saturday, September 13th – Saturday, October 18th, 2014
This show celebrates the breadth of work of our artist members. All subjects, styles, and media will be considered in this multi-media art show. Each current member will be allowed one work in the show. Work previously exhibited at the Carriage Barn will not be accepted. Two dimensional works are limited in size to 30” x 40”, including framing. Wall sculpture is limited in size to 30” x 40”.
Entry Deadline: Wednesday, August 20th, 2014
Delivery of Artwork: Wednesday, September 3rd, 9 am – 2 pm and 7 – 9 pm
Opening Reception: Saturday, September 13th, 4 – 6 pm
Show closes: Saturday, October 18th
Pick-up after the show: Sunday, October 19th, 12 – 2 pm and Monday, October 20th, 12 pm – 2 pm
Please note that work not picked-up at the designated time will be charged a $20 storage fee.
– Work previously exhibited at the Carriage Barn will not be accepted for the show.
– Work must remain on exhibit for the entire show. No exceptions.
– Work must be wired for hanging. Hanging mechanism is the Walker hanging system. Saw tooth hangers and small wire loops on the back of inexpensive frames, scratched glass and plexiglass, poorly constructed frames, and poorly cut mats are not acceptable. Framed work should be under glass or plexiglass unless it is intentionally unframed and professionally presented. White or ivory mats are preferred.
Two-dimensional works limited in size to 30” x 40”, including framing, must be wired for hanging.
Sculpture must be presented in a permanent, non-fragile medium. The gallery has a limited number of pedestals. Artists might need to provide pedestals. The Walker hanging system is used for two-dimensional work and wall sculpture. Weight should not exceed what can be lifted by two art handlers. Wall pieces are limited in size to 30” x 40”.
NOTE: The curator reserves the right to reject any work at delivery whose presentation and quality is sub-standard.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND FEE:
To enter, membership must be current for the duration of the show through October 5, 2014. Click here to renew or to become a member.
Members may enter only one piece, which will automatically be included in the show.
NCSA members: $20 for one entry.
PREPARE YOUR IMAGES TO ENTER ONLINE:
Enter all information online.
1. Resize your images to 72 dpi and not larger than 8” x 8”. Suggested pixel size is 1024 inches in largest dimension. Or save the images for “web” in the photo program on your computer and they will automatically be sized correctly for uploading.
2. Save the newly sized image as a .jpg file and rename each image file with your name, the entry number and the short title. Follow this example exactly including the underscore marks and capitalization.
TWO WAYS TO ENTER:
Enter online (preferred entry method):
1. Fill out the Entry Form online.
2. Upload .jpg image sized and labeled as described above.
3. Click SUBMIT, then Payment method is PayPal (you will be able to pay PayPal with your credit card without a PayPal account), or call the Carriage Barn with your credit card information.
4. You will receive a submission confirmation email. Click here for Entry Form.
Mail Entries (alternative submission method):
1. Burn a CD of .jpg images sized and labeled as above.
2. Complete the entry form online (without uploading images). Click here for Entry Form and SUBMIT.
3. You will receive a confirmation email.
4. Include a printed copy of entry form with your CD.
5. Include a check made out to NCSA. Submissions received without payment will not be considered for the show.
6. Send to:
Carriage Barn Arts Center (Attention: 37th Annual Members’ Show 2014)
P.O. Box 1044
New Canaan, CT, 06840
7. Must be RECEIVED by Wednesday, August 20th, 2014
8. Include a self-addressed stamped CD mailer with your entry only if you would like your CD returned.
NCSA receives a 40% fee on sales.
Please consider entering works that are for sale.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE:
Insurance covers work accepted for exhibition while in possession of the NCSA. Upon delivery of work, the artist must sign a consignment and liability form in order for the work to be insured. The NCSA will insure to the extent of 50% of the value accepted by the insurance company less any deductible. The work will be insured 100 % if the artist presents a third-party appraisal. The NCSA will not be liable for work not claimed after specified pick-up dates and times. All care will be taken while art is at the Carriage Barn Arts Center, but NCSA is not responsible for any loss or damage to the artwork during delivery, installation and de-installation or for normal wear and tear, such as minor nicks to frames or scratches to plexiglass.