September 19 – October 24, 2015 | Opening Reception – Saturday, September 19th 4 – 6 PM
Now in our 38th year, the New Canaan Society for the Arts Members’ Show is pleased to celebrate the range, interests, and talents of our artist members working across all subjects, styles, and media in art.
Current or new members may submit up to three works not previously exhibited at the Carriage Barn Arts Center. One work, per member, will be chosen for exhibition and premiere at the Carriage Barn Arts Center for five weeks this fall.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the artistic activities of the New Canaan Society for the Arts. Begin your membership with us today here.
August 20, 2015 – Submission deadline
August 28, 2015 – Notification of selected work
September 9, 2015 – Delivery of artwork 10 AM – 2 PM
September 10, 2015 – Delivery of artwork 5 – 8 PM
September 19, 2015 – Opening Reception 4 – 6 PM
October 25, 2015 – Pickup of artwork 1 – 5 PM
October 26, 2015 – Pickup of artwork 10 AM – 2 PM
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND FEE:
To enter, membership must be current for the duration of the show through October 25, 2015. Members may enter up to three pieces, one piece will be chosen for inclusion in the exhibition. Entry fee: $20 for up to three entries.
Work delivered to the gallery must be installation ready; two-dimensional works and wall sculpture should not exceed 30 x 40 inches including framing, and must be wired for hanging. Sculpture must be presented in a permanent, non-fragile medium. Work must remain on exhibit for the entire show. Saw tooth hangers and small wire loops on the back of inexpensive frames, scratched glass and Plexiglas, poorly constructed frames, and poorly cut mats are not acceptable. Framed work should be under glass or Plexiglas unless the work is intentionally unframed and professionally presented. Submissions received without payment and work previously exhibited at the Carriage Barn will not be considered. The New Canaan Society for the Arts reserves the right to reject any artwork due to inadequate preparation for installation or for potential security or public safety issues. There will be daily storage charge for any work left at the gallery after the show.
TWO WAYS TO ENTER
Enter online at www.carriagebarn.org:
1. Fill out your contact information on the Entry Form online.
2. Upload 1-3 .jpg/.jpeg images correctly labeled and sized. Label each image file as “lastname_firstname_entry number”: Smith_Mary_01.jpg; Smith_Mary_02.jpg; Smith_Mary_03.jpg. Entry image files should be no smaller than 1000 pixels in any direction (about 13”) and be exactly 72dpi. This should result in most image files ranging from 700kb to 2mb in file size. No file bigger than 3mb will be accepted.
3. Input the details for each entry including title, date, medium, dimensions, and a brief description of the work (description is optional). Upload a brief artist statement and an artist bio (optional).
4. Click SUBMIT and proceed to payment method. You can pay using PayPal, or call the Carriage Barn Arts Center with your credit card information at 203-972-1895. You will receive a confirmation email once your submission has been received.
Enter by mail:
Entries must be RECEIVED by Thursday, August 20th 2015.
1. Complete the Entry Form online (without uploading images) and click SUBMIT.
2. Burn a CD of up to three .jpg/.jpeg images. Label each image file as “lastname_firstname_entry number”: Smith_Mary_01.jpg; Smith_Mary_02.jpg; Smith_Mary_03.jpg. Entry image files should be no smaller than 1000 pixels in any direction (about 13”) and be exactly 72dpi. This should result in most image files ranging from 700kb to 2mb in file size. No file bigger than 3mb will be accepted.
3. You will receive a confirmation email.
4. Mail a printed copy of this email, your CD, and an entry fee check made out to “NCSA” in the amount of $20.00 to New Canaan Society for the Arts, Attention: 38th Annual Members’ Show 2015, P.O. Box 1044, New Canaan, CT 06840. If you would like your CD returned, include a self-addressed stamped CD mailer.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE:
Insurance covers work accepted for exhibition while in possession of the New Canaan Society for the Arts [NCSA]. In order for the work to be insured, the artist must sign a consignment and liability form upon delivery of work. The NCSA will insure to the extent of 50% of the value accepted by the insurance company less any deductible. The work will be insured 100 % if the artist presents a third-party appraisal. The NCSA will not be liable for work not claimed after specified pick-up dates and times. All care will be taken while art is at the Carriage Barn Arts Center, but NCSA is not responsible for any loss or damage to the artwork during delivery, installation and de-installation or for normal wear and tear, such as minor nicks to frames or scratches to Plexiglas.
Thank you for your continued membership and interest in exhibiting your work at the Carriage Barn Arts Center.
We look forward to reviewing your work!