Preview of artwork. To purchase or for more information, text a photo to 203-200-0131 or email [email protected].
Prospectus: The Carriage Barn Arts Center and The New Canaan Chamber of Commerce are seeking artists to showcase in New Canaan store windows and participate in a downtown celebration of the arts. New Canaan’s premier retailers participate in this annual event, and this year’s theme is Celebrating Our Creative Community.
Youth category for artists ages 5-16. Selected works will be displayed in designated store windows or in a special youth gallery in town.
In addition to downtown store windows, artwork will also be featured through an online virtual gallery and social media campaigns.
Artists receive 50% and 50% supports the New Canaan Society for the Arts.
SPECIAL EVENT: Downtown Celebration Of Our Creative Community
On Friday, June 11th from 5-7pm (new date), the Carriage Barn and New Canaan Chamber of Commerce, along with other community organizations and business partners, will host downtown celebration of creativity! Art-inspired window displays, culinary creations, live music and a community art project will be part of this kick-off event.
PRINTED PROGRAM / POSTCARD:
Artists and participating stores will be included on a program distributed throughout New Canaan.
Entry deadline: Saturday, May 8th (midnight)
Notification of accepted artwork: Friday, May 14th
Delivery of artwork to designated stores: June 2 & 3th, 11am – 3pm.
Pick-up of unsold artwork: June 18/19 (time to be arranged with store managers).
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND FEE: Any medium is welcome, including small sculptures. maximum of 3 works per artist will be accepted for a non-refundable fee:
- Members: $21 for up to 3 entries.
- Youth/Student: $21 for up to 3 entries.
- Non-members: $36 for up to 3 entries.
Pay online with PayPal. There are no refunds for work accepted or not selected. The designation of artwork in the stores is at the discretion of the Director and the Art in the Windows committee. Please note the New Canaan Society for the Arts is not liable for any loss or damage of artwork.
PREPARE YOUR IMAGES TO ENTER ONLINE:
1. Resize your images to 72 dpi and not larger than 8” x 8”. Suggested pixel size is 1024 inches in largest dimension. Or save the images for “web” in the photo program on your computer and they will automatically be sized correctly for uploading.
2. Save the newly sized images as a .jpg file and rename each image file with your name, the entry number and the short title. Follow this example exactly including the underscore marks and capitalization. Example: Smith_Mary_01ShortTitle.jpg