Saturday, May 30 – Sunday, June 14, 2015
ART IN THE WINDOW EXHIBITION
The Carriage Barn Arts Center is seeking artists to showcase their artworks in store windows in New Canaan. Most of the stores in New Canaan have agreed to participate in this wonderful event, which promotes artists and the Carriage Barn Arts Center.
This year we will kick off the event with a Pop Up Art Day! on Saturday, May 30th, 12-3 pm. We encourage participating artists to take part in plein air painting on Elm Street and the Pop Up Park in town that afternoon.
Please take into consideration that store space is limited and not all submissions can be exhibited. Any medium is welcome, including sculptures. There are no substitutions once artworks for the exhibit are chosen. The designation of artwork in the stores is at the discretion of the Co-Directors and the Art in the Windows Chair, Barbel Green. Please note the New Canaan Society for the Arts is not liable for any loss or damage of artwork.
Artists receive 50% and 50% supports the New Canaan Society for the Arts (which operates the Carriage Barn Arts Center).
Entry Deadline: Thursday, April 23rd
Online Notification of Accepted Artwork: Saturday, May 2nd
Delivery of Artwork by the artists to the designated stores: Tuesday, May 26th and Wednesday, May 27th, 10am – 5 pm.
Pop Up Art Day! and “En Plein Air” Event: Saturday, May 30th (artist demonstrations and children’s workshops on sidewalks)
Exhibit closes: Sunday, June 14th
Pick-up after the show by the artists from the stores: Monday, June 15th, 10 am – 5 pm.
Please note that work not picked-up at the designated time will be charged a $20 storage fee.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND FEE:
A maximum of 4 works per artist will be accepted for a non-refundable fee:
NCSA members: $20 for up to 4 entries.
Non-members: $30 for up to 4 entries.
Student: $20 for up to 4 entries.
Pay online with PayPal. There are no refunds for work accepted or not selected.
Click here to become a member today for reduced entry fees!
PREPARE YOUR IMAGES TO ENTER ONLINE:
Enter all information online for each entry.
1. Resize your images to 72 dpi and not larger than 8” x 8”. Suggested pixel size is 1024 inches in largest dimension. Or save the images for “web” in the photo program on your computer and they will automatically be sized correctly for uploading.
2. Save the newly sized images as a .jpg file and rename each image file with your name, the entry number and the short title. Follow this example exactly including the underscore marks and capitalization.
TWO WAYS TO ENTER
Enter online (preferred entry method):
1. Fill out the Entry Form online. Click here for Entry Form
2. Upload .jpg image sized and labeled as described above
3. Click SUBMIT, then Payment method is PayPal, or call the Carriage Barn with your credit card information.
4. You will receive a submission confirmation email.
Mail Entries (alternative submission method):
- Burn a CD of .jpg images sized and labeled as above.
- Complete the entry form (without uploading images) Click here for Entry Form and SUBMIT.
- You will receive a confirmation email.
- Include a printed copy of entry form with your CD.
- Include a check made out to NCSA. Submissions received without payment will not be considered by the juror.
- Send to:
Carriage Barn Arts Center (Attention: Art in the Windows 2015)
P.O. Box 1044
New Canaan, CT, 06840
- Must be RECEIVED by April 23rd.
- Include a self addressed stamped CD mailer with your entry only if you would like your CD returned.