Friday, May 5 – Saturday, May 20, 2017
The Carriage Barn Arts Center is seeking artists to showcase their artwork in New Canaan store windows and participate in a downtown celebration of the arts. New Canaan’s premier retailers are participating in this annual event, which promotes local artists and benefits the Carriage Barn Arts Center, home of the New Canaan Society for the Arts.
Please take into consideration that store space is limited all submissions may not be exhibited. Typically, a store window can accommodate 1 – 3 smaller pieces of art. A limited number of stores can display large scale artwork. Any medium is welcome, including small sculptures. There are no substitutions once works for the exhibit are chosen. The designation of artwork in the stores is at the discretion of the Director and the Art in the Windows committee. Please note the New Canaan Society for the Arts is not liable for any loss or damage of artwork. Click here for a list of participating stores.
SALES: Artists receive 50% and 50% supports the New Canaan Society for the Arts.
NEW THIS YEAR:
- We have added a youth category for artists ages 8-16. Selected works will be displayed in designated store windows or in a special youth gallery in town.
- Artists will be asked to participate in a Kick-off Event on Thursday, May 4 from 5:30-7:30pm, hosted in conjunction with the New Canaan Chamber of Commerce, with receptions taking place at various retailers, restaurants and locations around town.
- Extensive social media campaign promoting #LocalArt #AffordableArt #ArtInTheWindows
Entry Deadline: Friday, March 31st (extended to April 3)
Online Notification of Accepted Artwork: Thursday, April 20th
Delivery of Artwork by the artists to the designated stores: Tuesday, May 2nd and Wednesday, May 3rd, 10am – 3pm.
10th Annual Art In The Windows kick-off event: Thursday, May 4th, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Exhibit closes: Saturday, May 20th
Pick-up after the show by the artists from the stores: Sunday, May 21, 10 am – 5 pm.
Note that work not picked-up at the designated time will be charged a $20 storage fee.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND FEE: A maximum of 3 works per artist will be accepted for a non-refundable fee:
NCSA members: $21 for up to 3 entries.
Youth/Student: $21 for up to 3 entries.
Non-members: $36 for up to 3 entries.
Pay online with PayPal. There are no refunds for work accepted or not selected.
Click here to become a member today for reduced entry fees and other benefits!
PREPARE YOUR IMAGES TO ENTER ONLINE:
1. Resize your images to 72 dpi and not larger than 8” x 8”. Suggested pixel size is 1024 inches in largest dimension. Or save the images for “web” in the photo program on your computer and they will automatically be sized correctly for uploading.
2. Save the newly sized images as a .jpg file and rename each image file with your name, the entry number and the short title. Follow this example exactly including the underscore marks and capitalization.
1. Fill out the Entry Form below.
2. Upload .jpg image sized and labeled as described above
3. Click SUBMIT, then payment online with a credit card, or call the Carriage Barn with your credit card information.
4. You will receive a submission confirmation email.