Saturday, January 11th – Sunday, February 9th, 2014
Entry Deadline: Thursday, December 5th
All subjects and styles will be considered. One area of focus will be innovative presentation and process. Noteworthy processes and printing techniques are of particular interest to the jury. Artists should make note of any distinctive presentation of the artwork if applicable, since this is one of the aspects of a piece that will be reviewed. Cash prizes include Best in Show, Presentation, Process, and Student categories.
Entry Deadline: Thursday, December 5th
Online Notification of Accepted Artwork: December 12th
Delivery of Artwork: Sunday, January 5th, 2 – 5pm and Monday, January 6th, 10 am – 3 pm
Opening Reception: Saturday, January 11th, 6 – 8 pm Awards: 6:30 – 7 pm
Show closes: Sunday, February 9th
Pick-up after the show: Sunday, February 9th, 4 – 6 pm and Monday, February 10th, 10 am – 3 pm.
Please note that work not picked-up at the designated time will be charged a $20 storage fee.
Laura G. Einstein has an MA in art history with a specialization in Chinese painting from Ohio State University. After graduate school, she was a Lecturer at the IBM Gallery of Science and Art. She was Assistant Curator and Interim Head of the Asian Art Department at the Yale University Art Gallery. While at Yale, she lectured at the Metropolitan Museum of Art for both the Asian Art and Education departments. More recently, she has curated numerous exhibitions for a variety of museums and galleries, including the China Institute Gallery in New York City, the Center for Contemporary Printmaking in Norwalk, Silvermine Arts Center in New Canaan, the Fairfield Arts Council, and Sacred Heart University. She also works at the Glass House and is on the board of the New Canaan Library, where she was President.
– Work previously exhibited at the Carriage Barn will not be accepted for show.
– Work must remain on exhibit for the entire show. No exceptions
– Work must be wired for hanging. Hanging mechanism is the Walker hanging system. Saw tooth hangers and small wire loops on the back of inexpensive frames, scratched glass and Plexiglas, poorly constructed frames, and poorly cut mats are not acceptable. Framed work should be under glass or Plexiglas unless it is intentionally unframed and professionally presented. White or ivory mats are preferred.
NOTE: The curator reserves the right to reject any work at delivery whose presentation and quality is sub-standard.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND FEE:
A maximum of 5 works per artist will be accepted for a non-refundable fee:
NCSA members: $20 for up to 2 and $30 for up to 5 entries.
Non-members: $35 for up to 2 and $45 for up to 5 entries.
Pay online with PayPal. There are no refunds for work accepted or not selected.
Click here to become a member today for reduced entry fees!
PREPARE YOUR IMAGES TO ENTER ONLINE:
1. Resize your images to 72 dpi and not larger than 8” x 8”. Suggested pixel size is 1024 inches in largest dimension. Or save the images for “web” in the photo program on your computer and they will automatically be sized correctly for uploading.
2. Save the newly sized images as a .jpg file and rename each image file with your name, the entry number and the short title. Follow this example exactly including the underscore marks and capitalization.
TWO WAYS TO ENTER
Enter online (preferred entry method):
1. Fill out the Entry Form online. Click here for Entry Form
2. Upload .jpg image sized and labeled as described above
3. Click SUBMIT, then Payment method is PayPal, or call the Carriage Barn with your credit card information.
4. You will receive a submission confirmation email.
Mail Entries (alternative submission method):
- Burn a CD of .jpg images sized and labeled as above.
- Complete the entry form (without uploading images) Click here for Entry Form and SUBMIT.
- You will receive a confirmation email.
- Include a printed copy of entry form with your CD.
- Include a check made out to NCSA. Submissions received without payment will not be considered by the juror.
- Send to:
Carriage Barn Arts Center (Attention: 34th Annual Photography Exhibition 2014)
P.O. Box 1044
New Canaan, CT, 06840
- Must be RECEIVED by Thursday, December 5th.
- Include a self addressed stamped CD mailer with your entry only if you would like your CD returned.
NCSA receives a 40% donation on sales.
Please consider entering works that are for sale.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE:
Insurance covers work accepted for exhibition while in possession of the NCSA. Upon delivery of work, the artist must sign a consignment and liability form in order for the work to be insured. The NCSA will insure to the extent of 50% of the value accepted by the insurance company less any deductible. The work will be insured 100 % if the artist presents a third-party appraisal. The NCSA will not be liable for work not claimed after specified pick-up dates and times. All care will be taken while art is at the Carriage Barn Arts Center, but NCSA is not responsible for any loss or damage to the artwork during delivery, installation and de-installation or for normal wear and tear, such as minor nicks to frames or scratches to plexiglass.
DIRECTIONS AND FURTHER INFO:
Entrance to Waveny Park is on Route 124 (South Avenue), 1/4 mile north of the Merritt Parkway – Exit 37.
Web site: www.carriagebarn.org.
Email for info: [email protected]