Drop off: Friday, January 8 or Saturday, January 9 between 11am-2pm
Patron & Collector preview event: Saturday, January 16 | 4:30-6pm
Opening Day: Sunday, January 17 from 1-5pm
Exhibit closes: Friday, February 12
EXHIBITION PROSPECTUS: Submission is open to regional photographers — amateur, professional, and student. All original photographic media, including film and digital images accepted. Criteria the juror will consider include: impact, creativity, style, composition, color balance, presentation, focal point, lighting, subject matter, narrative, and degree of difficulty. All subjects and styles will be considered. Awards will include juror’s selections and student category.
Work previously exhibited at the Carriage Barn will not be accepted for the show.
Photographs must be presented in a manner compatible with a gallery hanging system using secure wire or line securely attached to the back of the photograph. Wire should be mounted no more than 1/4 of the way down from the top edge of the photograph/frame and be taut from side to side so as not to swing away from the top when hung.
Work delivered to the gallery must be installation-ready. Non-traditional photographic works and two-dimensional form and photographic wall sculptures must be wired or cleated for hanging.
Work must remain on exhibit for the entire show. Following the pickup dates after the close of the show, there will be storage charge of $10/day for any work left at the gallery.
Note: Photographs may be mounted on a panel (wood, plexi or metal), on gallery-wrapped canvas, or framed (neutral frames/mattes preferred). Saw tooth hangers and small wire loops on the back of inexpensive frames are not acceptable along with scratched glass or plexi-glass, poorly constructed frames and poorly cut mats. We reserve the right to reject any work whose presentation is sub-standard.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND FEE:
Members: $20 for up to 3 and $30 for up to 6 entries. Students (age 25 & under): $20 for up to 3. Non-members: $35 for up to 3 and $45 for up to 6 entries.
Resize your images to 72 dpi sized no smaller than 1000 pixels in any direction (about 13”). This should result in most image files ranging from 700kb to 2mb in file size. Files bigger than 3mb will not be accepted. For non-visual art submissions including audio, video, or writing, please submit the appropriate files (.mov for video, .avi for sound, and .doc/.docx/.pdf for writing and other proposals) in place of images.
Save the newly sized images as a .jpg file and label each image as “lastname_firstname_01title” (example: Smith_Mary_01untitled.jpg).
Sales: For any works sold, artists receive 60% of the sale price before tax. The Carriage Barn Arts Center and New Canaan Society for the Arts retains the remaining 40% as a transaction fee. Copyright Policy: Each artist retains all copyrights to their submitted images. Image Usage Rights: Artist’s recognition is provided with any use. By submission for jurying, artists whose submissions are chosen for the exhibition grant The Carriage Barn Arts Center the right to use their images for the purpose of promoting the artist, promoting the Center’s programs, promoting exhibitions and subsequent display on the Center’s website of current and past exhibitions. Promotions and images may also be placed on social networks with artist credit. Selected arwork will be exhibited in the Carriage Barn, in an online exhibit on the Carriage Barn Arts Center website.
Liability and Insurance: While all care will be taken while art is being exhibited in any NCSA sponsored exhibition, NCSA assumes no responsibility for any damage to the artwork during delivery, installation, and de-installation including, by way of example but not limitation, normal wear and tear, such as minor nicks to frames or scratches to Plexiglas. NCSA will not be liable for work not claimed after specified pick-up dates and times.
As a condition for exhibiting work in any NCSA exhibition, the exhibiting artist acknowledges by executing this agreement that NCSA assumes no responsibility for theft or other catastrophic loss beyond the applicable limits of NCSA’s insurance coverage. Except to the extent set forth in a separate written agreement signed by both the Exhibitor and NCSA, and subject to applicable deductions, insurance coverage cannot exceed 50% of the market value of any particular item, with the understanding that the exhibitor’s requested price may not be determinative with regard to market value for insurance purposes.