– All media welcome that depicts American landscapes.
– Must be work not shown before at the Barn.
– Work must remain on exhibit for the entire show.
TWO WAYS TO ENTER:
Enter totally online at www.carriagebarn.org by THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2012
1. Click HERE to fill out the Entry Form online.
2. Pay with PayPal online.
3. Follow the directions below under “PREPARE YOUR IMAGES” and upload up to 5 .jpg images then
Look for your confirmation email.
4. Print out two copies of the confirmation email.
5. Check the list on the website on Friday, September 21st www.carriagebarn.org.
6. If your work is on the list, bring it to the Barn on Receiving Day along with two copies of the confirmation
Complete online entry and MAIL a CD with up to 5 .jpg images. Deadline for receiving CD is THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20.
1. Click HERE to fill out the online Entry Form.
2. Pay with PayPal online (or send a check made out to “NCSA” with your CD) and “SUBMIT”. Look for your
3. Print out two copies of the confirmation email.
4. Create a CD with up to 5 .jpg images. (Be sure to follow the directions below under “PREPARE YOUR
5. Mail CD with 2 copies of the confirmation email.
Send to: Carriage Barn Arts Center, PO Box 1044, New Canaan, CT, 06840 (attn. American Pastoral 2012)
6. Check the list on the website on Friday, September 21st www.carriagebarn.org.
7. If your work is on the list, bring it to the Barn on receiving day along with two copies of the confirmation
Please read through carefully:
NOTE: WORK PREVIOUSLY EXHIBITED AT THE CARRIAGE BARN WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR EXHIBITION.
Two-dimensionalwork must be wired for hanging. Hanging mechanism is the Walker hanging system. Saw tooth hangers and small wire loops on the back of inexpensive frames, scratched glass and plexiglass, poorly constructed frames, and poorly cut mats are not acceptable. Framed work other than painting must be under glass or plexiglass. Painting and mixed media work that is intentionally unframed is acceptable as long as it is professionally presented. The curator reserves the right to reject any work whose presentation is sub-standard.
Sculpture must be presented in a permanent, non-fragile medium. The Gallery has a limited number of pedestals. Artists might need to provide pedestals. The Walker hanging system is used for two-dimensional work and wall sculpture. Wall pieces limited to limited to 48” horizontal x 72” vertical.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE:
Insurance covers work accepted for exhibition while in possession of NCSA. NCSA will insure all accepted work to the extent of 65% of the value accepted by the insurance company less any deductible. NCSA will not be liable for work not claimed after specified pick-up dates and times. All care will be taken while art is at the Carriage Barn, but NCSA is not responsible for any loss or damage to the artwork during delivery, installation and de-installation or for normal wear and tear, such as minor nicks to frames or scratches to plexiglass.
Work for sale is encouraged. NCSA receives a 35% donation on sales.
PREPARE YOUR IMAGES TO ENTER ONLINE or CREATE A CD:
1. Resize your images to 72dpi not larger than 8” x 8”. Or, save the images for “web” in the photo program on
your computer and they will automatically be sized correctly for uploading.
2. Save the newly sized images as a .jpg files and rename each image file with your name, the entry number
and the short title. Follow this example exactly including the underscore marks and capitalization.
3. If you are creating a CD to mail in, be sure to hand label the actual CD with a marker with your name and
phone or email. Follow the instructions above to create the image files. If you want your CD back, please
request it when you deliver your work.
DELIVERY OF ART WORK:
All work must be hand delivered to the Carriage Barn Arts Center on:
Wednesday, October 3rd, 6:30 – 8 pm
Friday, October 5th, 8 – 11 am & 1 – 4 pm
Do NOT ship or mail work.
OPENING RECEPTION AND EXHIBITION:
Reception: Sunday, October 14th, 3 – 5 pm
Exhibition dates:October 14 – November 11, 2012
Gallery Hours:Wednesday – Sunday 11 am – 4 pm.
NOTE: Gallery is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
PICK UP AFTER THE SHOW:
Monday, November 12th, 8 – 11 am
Tuesday, November 13th, 5:30 – 7 pm
NOTE: If you are unable to pick-up at these times you must contact the Gallery or you will be charged a $20.00 storage fee.
DIRECTIONS AND FURTHER INFO:
Entrance to Waveny Park is on Route 124 (South Avenue), 1/4 mile north of the Merritt Parkway – Exit 37
Phone:203.972.1895 Web site: www.carriagebarn.org
Email for info: [email protected]