View the Virtual Gallery Here
Prospectus: The Carriage Barn Arts Center and The New Canaan Chamber of Commerce are seeking artists to showcase in New Canaan store windows and participate in a downtown celebration of the arts. New Canaan’s premier retailers participate in this annual event, and this year we will celebrate the grand “reopening” of downtown New Canaan post mandated Cover-19 closures.
VIRTUAL GALLERY: As store and window space is limited, additional artwork will also be featured through an online virtual gallery and social media campaigns.
SALES: Artists receive 50% and 50% supports the New Canaan Society for the Arts and our local business community.
- SPECIAL EVENTS: Pending local regulations and safety recommendations, the Carriage Barn and New Canaan Chamber of Commerce will organize community activities in conjunction with Art in the Windows such as:
- Chalk Art Showcase
- Pop-up Community Art Gallery
- Artist Demos
- Community voting for best window displays
PRINTED PROGRAM / POSTCARD: Artists and participating stores will be included on a program and postcards distributed by the Chamber, New Canaan stores and restaurants serving take-out and outdoor dining.
Entry deadline: extended to Monday, May 11th (midnight)
Notification of accepted artwork: Monday, May 19th
Delivery of artwork to designated stores: Thursday, June 4th, 10am – 3pm.
Pick-up of unsold artwork: July 5/6 (time to be arranged with store managers).
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND FEE: Any medium is welcome, including small sculptures. maximum of 3 works per artist will be accepted for a non-refundable fee:
- Members: $21 for up to 3 entries.
- Youth/Student: $21 for up to 3 entries.
- Non-members: $36 for up to 3 entries.
Pay online with PayPal. There are no refunds for work accepted or not selected. The designation of artwork in the stores is at the discretion of the Director and the Art in the Windows committee. Please note the New Canaan Society for the Arts is not liable for any loss or damage of artwork.
Click here to become a member today for reduced entry fees and other benefits!
PREPARE YOUR IMAGES TO ENTER ONLINE:
1. Resize your images to 72 dpi and not larger than 8” x 8”. Suggested pixel size is 1024 inches in largest dimension. Or save the images for “web” in the photo program on your computer and they will automatically be sized correctly for uploading.
2. Save the newly sized images as a .jpg file and rename each image file with your name, the entry number and the short title. Follow this example exactly including the underscore marks and capitalization. Example: Smith_Mary_01ShortTitle.jpg