Congratulations to Jeffrey Kellner and Árpád Krizsán,
jurors’ selections for “best in show.”
Please join us
Coffee & Conversation with the exhibiting photographers
Saturday, January 27 from 10am-Noon
FREE event, all welcome!
Click Here to view the online gallery
Opening reception & awards presentation: Saturday, January 20, 2018 | 4-6pm
Coffee with the Artists: Saturday, January 27 from 10am-Noon
Closes: Sunday, February 18, 2018
Pickup: Friday, February 23 between 11am-2pm, Saturday, February 24 between 10am-Noon
Allison Brant, Director of The Brant Foundation Art Study Center
Allison has been director of The Brant Foundation Art Study Center in Greenwich, Connecticut since 2009. She has overseen 16 exhibitions with contemporary artists such as Urs Fischer, Julian Schnabel, Rob Pruitt, Nate Lowman and Dash Snow. The Brant Foundation mission is to promote education and appreciation of contemporary art and design, by making works available to institutions and individuals for scholarly study and examination.
The Brant Foundation presents long-term exhibitions curated primarily from the collection. The collection is remarkable in that scores of artists are represented in depth, including works from the earliest period of their practice through their most recent works.
Carl Fuldner, Yale University Art Gallery
Marcia Brady Tucker Fellow, Department of Photography
Work delivered to the gallery must be installation-ready. Non-traditional photographic works and two-dimensional form and photographic wall sculptures must be wired or cleated for hanging. We use the Walker hanging system (nails and screws are not drilled into the walls). Work must remain on exhibit for the entire show. Following the pickup dates after the close of the show, there will be storage charge of $10/day for any work left at the gallery. Note: We prefer to receive works framed in white, natural wood, or black frames with white or ivory tone mattes. Saw tooth hangers and small wire loops on the back of inexpensive frames are not acceptable along with scratched glass or plexi-glass, poorly constructed frames and poorly cut mats. We reserve the right to reject any work whose presentation is sub-standard.
For any works sold, artists receive 60% of the sale price before tax. The Carriage Barn Arts Center and New Canaan Society for the Arts retains the remaining 40% as a transaction fee.
Each artist retains all copyrights to their submitted images.
Image Usage Rights:
Artist’s recognition is provided with any use. By submission for jurying, artists whose submissions are chosen for the exhibition grant The Carriage Barn Arts Center the right to use their images for the purpose of promoting the artist, promoting the Center’s programs, promoting exhibitions and subsequent display on the Center’s website of current and past exhibitions. Promotions and images may also be placed on social networks with artist credit.
Honors and Awards:
All selected artwork will be exhibited in the Carriage Barn, in an online exhibit on the Carriage Barn Arts Center website. Exhibiting photographers and Carriage Barn members are invited to the opening reception where awards will be presented in various categories.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE:
While all care will be taken while art is being exhibited in any NCSA sponsored exhibition, NCSA assumes no responsibility for any damage to the artwork during delivery, installation, and de-installation including, by way of example but not limitation, normal wear and tear, such as minor nicks to frames or scratches to Plexiglas. NCSA will not be liable for work not claimed after specified pick-up dates and times.
As a condition for exhibiting work in any NCSA exhibition, the exhibiting artist acknowledges by executing this agreement that NCSA assumes no responsibility for theft or other catastrophic loss beyond the applicable limits of NCSA’s insurance coverage. Except to the extent set forth in a separate written agreement signed by both the Exhibitor and NCSA, and subject to applicable deductions, insurance coverage cannot exceed 50% of the market value of any particular item, with the understanding that the exhibitor’s requested price may not be determinative with regard to market value for insurance purposes.
DIRECTIONS AND FURTHER INFO:
Entrance to Waveny Park is on Route 124 (South Avenue), 1/4 mile North of the Merritt Parkway – Exit 37.
Phone: (203) 594-3638